Trident Search are looking for a Senior Security analyst to be part of a specialist network & security team of engineers and security analysts. You will be offering security support to multiple customers, dealing with security events, estate monitoring and vulnerability management.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Analysis and investigation of alerts arising from Security Event and Information Management tools.
- Analysis, investigation and refinement of alerts and reports arising from Network Behaviour Analytics tools.
- Vulnerability Scanning and reporting. Prioritising and tracking remediation of vulnerabilities.
- Contributing to content on existing tools, implementing new rules and refining existing rules to better discover network threats
- Using packet-capture tools, analyse packet flows and utilise network-based User Behaviour Analytics to understand breaches and track propagation of malware.
- Using Threat Intelligence Services to identify potential new threats and develop new mitigations.
- Working with customer security teams to detect, contain and eradicate threats.
- Undertaking other duties from time to time as required.
- Coaching, mentoring and guidance of junior SOC analysts.
- The onboarding, troubleshooting and investigation of Cloud Security Technologies (Azure and AWS).
- Helping to develop the SOAR capability.
- Ensuring our services are optimised and providing best value to our customers.
- Actively contributing to our development of the managed services with an innovative approach.
- SIEM Analytics
- SIEM Engineering
- Behavioural Analytics
- Vulnerability Intelligence
- Is certified in and/or has a strong working knowledge of Cloud Security Technologies (Azure and AWS) (desirable).
- Contributes innovation and ideas for the continual improvement of services.
- Will provide technical, security and service leadership to SOC Analysts.
- Understands the phases of incident response and the Cyber Kill Chain (desirable).
- Wants to actively contribute to a SOC, improving customer security and developing their own abilities as they go.
- Has the desire to translate their skills into ways that can improve the function of the SOC.
- Enjoys research into emerging threats in the security landscape and identifying and analysing real-world threats.
- Works collaboratively, shares information, improves documentation and trains colleagues.
- Has experiencing in coding and automation (desirable).