Senior Incident Handler (24/01/20CR!)
Location: Home based
Trident Search have partnered with a leading Global Organisation who are expanding their Cyber Security team. This is an exciting opportunity for someone who is looking for a fully remote position.
This role is a member of the larger Threat Detection Services team, which includes security analysts and incident handlers who work alongside teams responsible for red teaming, intelligence analysis, and technical threat researchers. The individual filling this role will act as a senior leader within the organization helping to drive detection and response maturity, enable proactive monitoring strategies and participate in a wide range of larger incident response program activities.
- Analysis, ownership of investigations through remediation.
- Monitoring of infrastructure-related security events across organization within a 24x7 support teams.
- Work events escalated by Security Operations Center or high severity user reported events.
- Provide prolonged, in-depth analysis of potential intrusions or security events, leveraging various data artifacts to determine the context of an event.
- Assist in the design, evaluation, and implementation of new security technologies.
- Update incident response playbooks to minimize gaps in response processes.
- Extract and analyze malware to determine their nature.
- Hands on security alerts creation and maintenance, workload automation.
- Maintain accurate and complete records of incidents and investigations.
- Execute incident response processes to respond to security threats and attacks.
- Create detection and mitigation rules based on indicators of compromise that align with industry threats.
Experience and Expertise
- Network/Security/Incident Response experience.
- Advanced Operating System and Network knowledge.
- Experience identifying, investigating, and responding to complex attacks
- Experience with investigative technologies such as SIEM, packet capture analysis, host forensics and memory analysis tools
- Knowledge of at least one scripting language.
- Any Security related certification(s)
- Ability to work independently as well as collaboratively within a team.
- Ability to quickly grasp high-level technical concepts.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
This is your chance to join a growing professional team, go ahead and apply now.