Cyber Security Engineer
When it comes to innovation and achievement there are few organisations with a better track record than our client. Taking up a position within their business will allow you to be part of something huge and deliver on some extremely sensitive projects. With touchpoints in over 30 countries, they are one of the big names in the UK market.
As a member of the wider security team, you will maintain the confidentiality, availability and integrity of information and information systems. You will also manage, implement, maintain and configure operational security systems and technical security services.
- Responsible for the management, implementation, maintenance and configuration of operational security systems and security service capabilities, aligned to IT strategy and security standards
- Provisioning of technical security services
- Establishing , maintaining and using security engineering standards, processes, procedures and guidelines
- Work alongside IT teams with security focused technical support and consultancy to ensure compliance with security policies, standards and regulations
- Continuous improvement for operational security services and contribution to the security engineering roadmap
- Retain a working knowledge of related security technical areas such as; application, network and host, to enable effective liaison with other technical groups
- Develop and operate technical standards, processes, procedures and guidelines
- Produce and disseminate management information in relation to security services, platforms, and the performance and availability of technical information security systems
- Establish mechanisms, behaviours and culture to encourage the protection of information and information systems
- We are looking for a thorough understanding of the security threat landscape, significant risks, technical developments and directions.
- Strong interpersonal skills would be key
- Proven experience in configuring SIEM technologies to ingest technical feeds, baselining and parsing data to an accepted assurance level, with the end result it being used for cyber incident response
- Demonstrable experience of working in a security engineering team
- Depth of experience in IT Technical Security, including time as a security senior practitioner
- Experience of security engineering systems and controls, including, vulnerability management, web content filtering, intrusion prevention, SIEM, email security, DLP, NAC, IAM, O365 and AWS
- Ability to harness the commitment and contribution of team members outside of direct span of control
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to conduct research into security technical platforms and evaluate capabilities
- Ability to effectively prioritise and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment
- A Self Starter with the ability to lead and drive change through an organisation.
- Ability to build strong relationships and influence decisions with internal and external stakeholders.
If this is of interest to you, please go ahead and apply now!!