Incident Response Consultant (0111)
Location: Singapore, Central
We are delighted to be working with a fast-expanding cyber security consultancy led by industry experts. Our client provides a range of services to clients in Asia-Pac, Europe, and the Middle East. They provide incident response services in over 13 countries and are on the incident response panel for two global insurance firms.
We are looking for a Senior Consultant – Incident Response in the Cyber Incident Response division based in Singapore.
In this role, you will conduct investigation, closure and forensics, as well as incident response management plans. You will help our clients through challenging time and lead the recovery process from a range of cyber incidents.
• Lead and drive the management of cybersecurity incidents by managing the project delivery of incident response cases.
• Conduct analyses related to forensic investigations, cybercrimes, and cyberattacks.
• Analyse security logs, monitoring logs, firewall logs and intrusion prevention system logs.
• Perform threat management and protection against threats including malware, phishing, hacking and DDoS.
• Conduct computer forensic analysis, maintaining chain of custody and testifying on evidence collected.
• Investigate and provide recommendations to identify gaps from the incident.
• Advise clients on how to improve their cyber incident readiness.
• Review and update incident management procedure.
• Strategic planning for investment and/or adoption of cybersecurity technologies to maximise effectiveness of cybersecurity controls against rapidly evolving threats.
• Develop and update operational playbook e.g. DDOS, ransomware.
You will need good communication skills, a calm voice in a crisis, an ability to efficiently solve new technical problems. A broad knowledge of computer systems and security is also important.
We would expect the successful applicant to have a mix of the following skills and qualifications:
• 5 or more years of experience in incident response, forensic investigation and threat hunting.
• Relevant certifications in cybersecurity, e.g. CISSP, CISM, GCIH, GCFA, GNFA or similar.
• A BSc and/or MSc in Computer Science or a related subject.
• A broad knowledge of OS, Networking and cloud technologies, perhaps gained as a sysadmin, DevOps or security engineer.
• Good understanding of information security and privacy requirements.
• Experience with Python or Java.
• Great one-on-one communication skills in stressful situations.
• Experience with forensic or penetration testing toolkits.