Global SIEM Engineer (13/02)
Location: Home based
Sector: Security Operations
Trident Search are working with a media organisation who have a global security team. They are looking for a Lead SIEM Engineer to own their SIEM solution, which has recently been onboarded. It will fall to you to guide & support security threat monitoring, detection, event analysis and incident reporting for a driven cyber security team. This role would suit someone with SIEM Engineering experience and is looking to take complete control of a SIEM. You will be working closely with other teams around the world.
- Day to day you will work with and support a security engineering team taking on responsibilities such as deploying, troubleshooting, and managing the SIEM and be responsible for the operational readiness of the SIEM.
- You will be involved in the maintenance of operational documentation, records of security monitoring and incident response activities.
- Another key responsibility will be to support, build and implement use cases within the SIEM tool as well as developing and delivering reports to the cyber team and other engineering teams.
Key experience required.
- Experience working in a technical or security role. SOC and IR experience is favoured.
- Exposure to a multitude of SIEM tools, such as Splunk, LogRhythm, Security Analytics or ArcSight, as well as some network knowledge i.e Firewalls, Intrusion Detection/Prevention Systems, Proxies, Web Applications and Penetration testing would be a favoured skill.
- Ability to read system & network data which could include, security and network event logs, sys logs and firewall logs.
- Solid working knowledge and understanding of multiple operating systems and commands, as well as an understanding of IT security and network best practices and software/hardware solutions.
This is a great opportunity to join a global client and take ownership over a new SIEM Solution. If this sounds like you then go ahead and apply now.