Are you a proactive security analyst with experience in threat detection? Trident Search are working with an incredibly niche MSSP who specialise in threat detection. They leverage some of the best technologies on the market and are looking for someone who is incredibly analytical.
Working for this client, you’ll gain valuable experience detecting threats and aiding clients in mitigation and remediation processes. This is a technical position and it will always keep you on your toes.
This role enables remote working but would like someone to come and visit the team in London, its Monday -Friday and requires you to be on an on call rota.
- Monitor, investigate and report potential cyber threats.
- Communicate and escalate threats to clients, providing support and guidance where needed.
- Maintain and support deployed advanced threat protection solutions.
- Interpret and collate threat analysis into analytically concise incident and threat reports.
- Maintain and improve the Advanced Threat Management Service offering to ensure a continued high level of service is delivered.
- Aid pre-sales teams in selling threat detection solutions.
This position requires a detail oriented, critical thinker who can anticipate issues and solve problems. You should be able to analyse large datasets to detect underlying patterns and identify cyber-attacks, malware, and threat actors, determining potential impact and develop remediation guidance.
- Knowledge of current and emerging advanced cyber threats, attack and evasion techniques, command and control infrastructures and insider threat behaviour.
- Understanding of typical malware functionality and capabilities.
- Understanding of the tools and techniques used by SOC and Incident Response teams.
- Forensic experience with full network packet capture tools and understanding of common network protocols.
- Experience with typical security technologies i.e. SIEM, NDR, EDR, Firewalls, proxies,IDS/IPS (snort, bro), DLP, endpoint solutions, access control.
- Solid understanding of large scale networking technologies.
- Solid troubleshooting skills – Windows, Linux and network environments.
- Knowledge of a scripting languages (e.g. Python, BASH).
- SANS GIAC or similar certification would be beneficial but not required.
If you’re passionate about hunting and have a strong technical knowledge, then apply now.